Subscriptions to South Dakota Magazine make great gifts!
Subscribe today — 1 year (6 issues) is just $25!
Weekend Web Roundup
Nov 29, 2013
How do you kick off the Christmas season? This weekend is an ideal time to get festive with one of South Dakota’s delightful holiday traditions.
- Black Hills residents eager to get their lights up may visit the Black Hills National Forest to hunt for their own Christmas tree. A permit is just $10.
- Hill City is celebrating Olde Tyme Christmas this weekend with Trees & Trains at the State Railroad Museum, rides on the 1880 Train’s Holiday Express and appearances by Father Christmas and David Webb of Dakota WindSong Flute at Prairie Berry Winery.
- The old store in the tiny Union County town of Nora is opening again for Mike Pedersen’s annual Christmas singalong.
- Christmas in the Great Outdoors is the theme of this year’s Christmas at the Capitol in Pierre.
- Brandon bakers are getting busy for this year’s Cookie Parade at Risen Savior Lutheran Church.