Subscriptions to South Dakota Magazine make great gifts!
Subscribe today — 1 year (6 issues) is just $25!
South Dakota Web Roundup
Jan 25, 2013
As we speed towards the end of January, let's do a little slipping, sliding, floating and gliding in the weekend web roundup.
- Groton's Carnival of Silver Skates is "Celebrating the Past, Anticipating the Future" for their 75th annual outdoor ice skating show this Sunday.
- The Sylvan Rocks Climbing School Blog is keeping us up-to-date on outdoor adventure in the Hills with an ice skating excursion on Boxelder Creek and a little cross-country skiing.
- Great Bear Recreation Park in Sioux Falls is a great place to slide around at this weekend's Funski Winter Carnival.
- University of South Dakota students created NASA Prospect, an online adventure in which planet-jumpers Ema and Nicolas float through space to recover golden objects that may hold the key to a very human puzzle.
- If you tune in to Dakota Midday on South Dakota Public Radio next Monday at noon Central, 11 a.m. Mountain, you'll hear the voice of our editor, Katie Hunhoff, drifting over the airwaves as she and Karl Gehrke cruise through a segment on South Dakota's classic cars.
- On a more earthbound note, a few of us from South Dakota Magazine will be participating in the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes fundraiser on Saturday in Sioux Falls. (If you'd like to contribute to our team — we're The Joeys.)