Subscriptions to South Dakota Magazine make great gifts!
Subscribe today — 1 year (6 issues) is just $25!
South Dakota Web Roundup
Aug 3, 2012
Some of us here at South Dakota Magazine are heading up to Sioux Falls tonight for the opening of the “Treasure Box” exhibit at the Ipso Gallery at 6 p.m. We’re excited to unveil our collection, and see what the other collectors have on display. In honor of the evening’s festivities, have a look at some of the South Dakota stories and tidbits I’ve gathered for you this week.
- Don’t send your wild snake stories to Reptile Gardens! They will bust every myth you present them with, shattering all your big snake illusions in the process.
- Do you know your South Dakota license plates? Refresh your knowledge of each county’s plate number with Ben Lippert’s handy list.
- Every couple has to work out how to divide responsibilities. Sanaa writes about show she and her husband handle the work…particularly in the garden.
- If you’re interested in natural construction and happen to be headed out Pine Ridge way, Shannon Freed at Earth Tipi could use a hand.
- Pe’Sla, or Reynold’s Prairie, was one of the endangered places we wrote about in our July/August issue. Chase Iron Eyes recently wrote about that site’s significance to the Lakota and the importance of protecting other sacred spots.