Subscriptions to South Dakota Magazine make great gifts!
Subscribe today — 1 year (6 issues) is just $25!
Ring It In, Walk It Off
Dec 28, 2012
It's time to say goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013. How do you like to mark the turning of the calendar?
- If you're in the Black Hills, here's a long list of great New Year ideas.
- Kory & the Fireflies will entertain Sioux Falls revelers at the 5th annual Champagne Ball, a benefit for Make-A-Wish South Dakota.
- Swing your partner into 2013 at the New Year's Eve Barn Dance at Besler's Cadillac Ranch near St. Onge.
- March through the streets of Delmont for their annual parade and Simply South Dakota Tasting Event.
- Some people like to climb Harney Peak on New Year's Day; others opt to jump in a frozen lake. Many South Dakota state parks are offering New Year's Day hikes to get people moving on January 1st.