Subscriptions to South Dakota Magazine make great gifts!
Subscribe today — 1 year (6 issues) is just $25!
South Dakota Web Roundup
Jul 13, 2012
Sure, the weather's hot and everything's dry, but that's no reason to take life too seriously. Here's a handful of sites that are bound to bring a smile.
- Teen visitors to South Dakota State University were playfully creative at Animation Camp this week.
- Sioux Falls humor has been popping up on tumblr.
- The Yankton Daily Press & Dakotan’s police log is generally a good source of humor. Recently, the Mother City’s finest confronted a fierce intruder at a local motel. Nathan Johnson has the full story.
- A bronze memorial to Methuselah, Reptile Gardens’ beloved Galapagos tortoise, was recently unveiled at the popular Black Hills attraction. Visitors were allowed to sit on the sturdy replica, and there was much clowning with free watermelon, Methuselah’s favorite treat.
- Edgemont’s old sale barn will be the stage for theatrical silliness when the Edgemont Theater Company performs the melodrama “Somebody Save my Baby, Ruth or Foil that Villain!” this weekend.
If you have any other examples of South Dakota silliness, please share them with us in the comments section!